ATTENTION: TO ALL EASTATE AGENTS WHO HAVE NOT AS YET COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED THE SELF ASSESSMENT
REMINDER AND EXTENSION OF DEADLINE: SELF-ASSESSMENT OF COMPLIANCE WITH EAAB AND FICA
Further to the email send to you on 18 January 2018 on the above subject, as the principal of the selected estate agency firm, you are reminded that you should login on the MyEAAB Agents Portal, click on the “Self-assessment” link on the Portal and complete the questionnaire.
The deadline for completing the questionnaire has now been extended from the original date of 18 February 2018 to 10 March 2018.
Please find below the answers to additional frequently asked questions.
- What do I do if the MyEAAB Agents Portal gives me an error message of “Mail failure – message too big”?
You should remove some of the documents which exceed the size limit and submit the self-assessment without attaching these large documents. After successfully submitting the self-assessment, you should then email the documents that you did not attach to email@example.com.
- What is the size limit that the self-assessments link can handle?
The maximum size of all documents that you should attached on the self-assessment link should not exceed 8 megabytes (8) in size. If your documents exceed 8 MB, you should not attach these documents but instead email them to firstname.lastname@example.org soon after completing and successfully submitting the self-assessment.
- What do I do if the documents that I need to attach exceed the size limit?
If your documents exceed 8MB, you should not attach these documents but instead email them to email@example.com soon after completing and successfully submitting the self-assessment.
- I have mistakenly submitted the self-assessment without attaching all the required documents and the self-assessment link has now been locked for me to resubmit again, can you open the link again for me to submit the outstanding documents?
In order to avoid duplicate submissions, the self-assessment link can not be reinstated once you have submitted. If you have mistakenly not attached the required documents, you should instead email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are the consequences of not completing the self-assessment questionnaire?
The EAAB reserves the right at its sole discretion to institute formal processes in terms of section 30(1)(d) and/or section 32(5) of the Estate Agency Affairs Act in instances where principals of estate agencies fail to complete the self-assessment questionnaire.
- What is the contact email address for enquiries relating to the self-assessments and for emailing documents that could not be attached on the Portal?
All enquiries and additional documents relating to self-assessments should be emailed to email@example.com.
The EAAB remains committed to maintain and promote the standard of conduct of estate agents and the compliance assessment questionnaire will further assist the EAAB in fulfilling its legislative mandate.
ESTATE AGENCY AFFAIRS BOARD