In Industry News

New regulations have just been released for those who need to move house across provincial, metropolitan, or district boundaries during Alert Level 4.

Previously, government said that people can move to new homes on a once-off basis only until 7 June.

But this deadline has now been dropped, and the new regulations only govern moves during Level 4.

The new regulations also allow victims of domestic violence to move to a different place, and businesses are allowed to relocate to new premise.

To facilitate moves, both household goods (in the case of moving house) and office furniture may now be transported.

Those who want to move must get a permit from the court or a police station. The permit must include which persons are part of the household, and also require a signed declaration.

Those who want to move must travel with the relevant documents, including lease agreements (indicating the date of expiry of the old lease or the date of commencement of the new lease); proof of purchase of residence and occupation date, including transfer documents for a new property; a domestic violence order, or proof of change or new occupation of business premises.

Permits which have already been issued under the previous regulations remain valid.

Download the Amended Regulations and Permit HERE

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search

Share This