Welcome to our latest Report. The second half of the year is upon us and with it new challenges and developments that have a direct impact on real estate business owners.
The purpose of this report is to serve as a resource and to inform you about REBOSA’s activities. We want this communication to be valuable for you, so please share your feedback and suggestions to help us improve. All comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still pursuing our planned meetings with not only Mrs Mafu ( see previous REPORT ) but also with the chairman of the EAAB to address all the issues around CPD and will keep you informed of the outcomes.
Thank you for reading on.
REBOSA AGM Reminder
We would like to remind you of the REBOSA AGM that takes place on Tuesday 30 June, 2015 at 13h30 at the City Lodge, OR Tambo International Airport, Kempton Park, Johannesburg.
Papers for this year’s AGM are attached.
Cost to attend:-
Lunch – R170.00 excl VAT
AGM – R170.00 excl VAT
REBOSA Bank Account Details:-
First National Bank
Account Name: REBOSA
Account Number: 62336855004
Branch Code: 250017
RSVP: email@example.com and indicate clearly whether you will be attending both the lunch and the AGM or just AGM.
Please note that attendance is subject to booking and payment prior to 25 June 2015. Only REBOSA Members, whose Membership Fees are paid up to date, are eligible to attend the AGM.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Important EAAB Email Addresses
We have received this list of the EAAB’s email addresses which may help you channel your queries to the correct department.
• Exam Number outstanding and payment has been made – firstname.lastname@example.org or please check exam number via MyEAAB portal
• CPD with no access to events schedule but payment is made – email@example.com
• General CPD queries – firstname.lastname@example.org
• General PDE queries and requests for postponements- email@example.com
• Study Guide requests and follow ups: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Exemption from PDE exam: email@example.com
• Equivalency exemption applications and follow ups – firstname.lastname@example.org
• 60 years Exemption applications and follow ups – email@example.com
• Status Upgrades and Logbook submissions or follow ups – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Exam results appeals: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Qualification updating and status upgrades: email@example.com
• PDE Certificate duplicate requests and Old Board Exam confirmation of results – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Affidavits relating to Education status – lungile.Mntambo@eaab.org.za
• All refund requests for interns who mistakenly paid for CPD must be directed to Martha.email@example.com
One Learner – One Estate Agency Youth Empowerment Programme
We received notice that this programme officially commenced on 18 June 2015.
Department of Labour – Government Notice No.448 EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT, 1998 (ACT 55 OF 1998 AS AMENDED)
On 1 June 2015 the Minister issued a Code Of Good Practice On EQUAL PAY/ REMUNERATION FOR WORK OF EQUAL VALUE.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We have noted with concern how many of our members were unable to register for CPD events despite having paid the registration fees timeously. It seems there is still a backlog in the finance department resulting in many of our members’ payments not allocated. We have also noted that you are still waiting for invoices for CPD payments made. Unfortunately we have not heard when this will happen.
Many of you were anxious about the venues being full and as a result not being able to register in order to accumulate the required points before year end.
The EAAB apparently took note of the shortage of venues and have recognised that the current calendar of events cannot accommodate the size of the industry They will now be adding additional CPD training events to the calendar. We were copied on an email (attached) from Mr Silence Mmotong from the EAAB confirming that the EAAB will make an announcement in the next two weeks regarding these additional venues.