Further to the email send to you on 20 January 2017 on the above subject, as the principal of the selected estate agency firm, you are reminded that you should to log in on the MyEAAB Agents Portal, click on the “Self-assessment” link on the Portal and complete the questionnaire.
The deadline for completing the questionnaire has now been extended from the original date of 20 February 2017 to 10 March 2017.
Please find below the answers to additional frequently asked questions.
- What do I do if the MyEAAB Agents Portal gives me an error message of “Mail failure – message too big”?
You should remove some of the documents which exceed the size limit and submit the self-assessment without attaching these large documents. After successfully submitting the self-assessment, you should then email the documents that you did not attach to email@example.com
- What is the size limit that the self-assessments link can handle?
The maximum size of all documents that you should attached on the self-assessment link should not exceed 15 megabytes (15MB) in size. If your documents exceed 15MB, you should not attach these documents but instead email them to firstname.lastname@example.org soon after completing and successfully submitting the self-assessment.
3. What do I do if the documents that I need to attach exceed the size limit?
If your documents exceed 15MB, you should not attach these documents but instead email them to email@example.com soon after completing and successfully submitting the self-assessment.
4. I have mistakenly submitted the self-assessment without attaching all the required documents and the self-assessment link has now been locked for me to resubmit again, can you open the link again for me to submit the outstanding documents?
In order to avoid duplicate submissions, the self-assessment link can not be reinstated once you have submitted. If you have mistakenly not attached the required documents, you should instead email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are the consequences of not completing the self-assessment questionnaire?
The EAAB reserves the right at its sole discretion to institute formal processes in terms of section 30(1)(d) and/or section 32(5) of the Estate Agency Affairs Act in instances where principals of estate agencies fail to complete the self-assessment questionnaire.
- What is the contact email address for enquiries relating to the self-assessments and for emailing documents that could not be attached on the Portal?
All enquiries and additional documents relating to self-assessments should be emailed to email@example.com
The EAAB remains committed to maintain and promote the standard of conduct of estate agents and the compliance assessment questionnaire will further assist the EAAB in fulfilling its legislative mandate.
ESTATE AGENCY AFFAIRS BOARD
“This e-mail and any file attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please destroy it and contact the sender. Replies to this email may be monitored by EAAB for operational or business reasons. If you are not the addressee, you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action based on the contents thereof. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited and maybe unlawful. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message may not necessarily be those of the management of the EAAB.”