The Services SETA has opened its applications for bursaries for all qualifications in the Service Sector. The intention is to ensure that the Bursary allocations are done in line with the Services SETA strategic plans.
A bursary is a monetary award made to learners to follow an approved course of study. This is a grant awarded to learners enrolled for qualifications registered on the National Qualification Framework level 5 and higher (excluding learnerships).
The Services SETA funds both employed and unemployed learners.
Services SETA’s Discretionary Bursary funding is divided between employed and unemployed learners.
Who qualifies for the Service SETA bursary?
– An applicant who is currently registered with a South African higher education institution (TVET Colleges, Public Universities and Universities of Technology)
– Application should be for 2017 academic year
– An applicant who is a South African citizen, with a valid identity document.
– An applicant who is not a recipient of other sources of funding.
Preference may be given to:
- People with disabilities
- Previously disadvantage Individuals
- Scarce and Critical Skills
- Students studying at a public institution
- Application process
- There are a limited number of bursaries for 2017/18 Academic Year.
Funding: Up to a maximum of R35 000 per employed learner enrolled for NQF 5 or higher
There are a limited number of bursaries for 2017/18 Academic Year.
Applicants should “register” by creating a user name and password.
To apply click: BURSARY APPLICATIONS
Closing date for applications is 17 March 2017