3 July 2020
JOHANNESBURG – The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB), on Friday 3 July 2020 evacuated its staff members from its Sandton, Johannesburg offices after receiving information that an employee of one of its host tenants came into contact with a COVID-19 positive case. The EAAB was notified of the matter around lunchtime and immediately advised all staff to vacate the building.
An employee from the Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS) – which is housed in the EAAB office block – notified CSOS management that a relative had received her COVID-19 positive test results.
EAAB CEO Mamodupi Mohlala said it was “unfortunate that we have to close offices two days after re-opening our doors to the public”. She however said the “health and wellbeing of our colleagues and public is a priority”. EAAB compliance officer Oscar Mangole said the closure was a precautionary measure and that both EAAB office blocks will be sanitized before re-opening on Monday 13 July 2020.
Ms. Mohlala again encourages all employees to practice good hygiene habits, including the importance of washing hands properly and keeping a distance from people who are sneezing and coughing. She assured stakeholders of continued service delivery and said EAAB staff would be operating remotely during the temporary closure. She encouraged stakeholders to continue using electronic means to contact the EAAB on the following email addresses.
- All Fidelity Fund Certificates queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD): email@example.com
- All Disciplinary Hearings and formal inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Services/ All Queries: email@example.com
- Registrations FFC related: LeboM@eaab.org.za
- Previously Disadvantage Individuals (PDI) resolution: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enterprise Development Programme (Incubation Programme):email@example.com
- One Learner One Estate Agent (Intern Programme): firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees can contact the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) toll free hotline on 0800 029 999 for more information on COVID-19.
For further Covid-19 related enquires contact: Covid-19 Compliance Officer Mr. Oscar Mangole at email@example.com
For more information contact:
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist