This serves to notify all eligible PDE candidates (including intern estate agents who have met the necessary internship, logbook and qualification requirements) that they may now register for the PDE scheduled to take place on 08 November 2018 by accessing the ”MyEAAB” portal.
The closing date for examination registration is 28 October 2018 and no late enrolments and/or payments will be accepted.
PDE candidates who were previously granted a PDE postponement are, similarly, requested now to register for the PDE on 08 November 2018 by accessing the “MyEAAB” portal. It must be emphasised in this respect that the grant of an examination postponement does not result in an automatic enrolment by the candidate concerned for the next scheduled PDE. Such PDE candidates may, in addition, be required to pay the ‘top-up’ fee due to any examination fee increase, where applicable, before registration can be finalised.
It is to be emphasised that the mere act of paying the required examination fee without completing the enrolment process does not serve as an examination enrolment and that, in such an instance, the examination application cannot be processed. Payments are intrinsically linked to the enrolment so that if the enrolment process is not correctly completed the EAAB will not be able to allocate an examination seat number.
Payment must be made using the unique seven-digit personal identification number allocated to each estate agent by the EAAB as the reference number. No additional information must be added to that reference number since doing so will result in an inability correctly to allocate the payment to the candidate concerned.
Candidates who do not follow the prescribed registration procedures and/or who make incorrect payments will not be allocated seat numbers and will not, under any circumstances, be permitted into the examination venue even if they are able to produce proof of payment.
Eligibility requirements for enrolment and registration
Candidates must enrol on-line for the PDE by using the “MyEAAB” portal and are reminded that manual registrations are not permitted.
Before commencing the examination enrolment process prospective candidates must:
- Ensure that they have both their unique EAAB seven-digit personal identification number and South African identification number available – candidates who are unaware of their EAAB seven-digit personal identification number should contact the Call Centre at 087 285 3222 to obtain this information.
- Ensure that they have been certificated against the relevant NQF Level 4 and/or Level 5 real estate qualification required for admission to the PDE concerned and also that such qualification has been duly uploaded to the EAAB database. If the necessary NQF real estate qualification does not appear on the EAAB database candidates should submit the required Certificate of Competence to the EAAB for uploading through the on-line query management system.
- Intern estate agents must ensure that the mandatory intern logbook, and Portfolio of Evidence, was duly maintained and completed and sent to, and approved by, the EAAB before attempting to enrol for the PDE.
A candidate is not eligible to enrol for the PDE if the mandatory intern logbook was not submitted to, and received and approved by, the EAAB and/or if the necessary NQF Level 4 or Level 5 real estate qualification was not uploaded to the EAAB database.
To ensure a successful PDE enrolment on the “MyEAAB” portal, examination candidates are requested to adopt the following enrolment procedure:
- On www.eaab.org.za Click on “MyEAAB”, on the top menu bar and proceed to AGENTS PORTAL and then EXISTING ESTATE AGENTS – Click here to login (using your 7 digit reference number, ID number and your surname as required by the EAAB system).
- Upon populating the information, click to PROCEED and then on your RIGHT hand side of the screen, click on CHECK PDE STATUS (this will display if you qualify for PDE enrolment or not). Those who qualify may proceed to follow the system instructions to enrol by selecting an Examination Venue of their choice and proceed to enrol as per the EAAB system instructions.
In line with the EAAB PDE policy relating to enrolments and postponements eligible PDE candidates may be granted no more than one postponement of an examination. The postponement request must, similarly, be made, lodged and approved through the “MyEAAB” portal.
If a postponement of the examination is granted it is compulsory, therefore, for the candidate concerned to enrol for next scheduled PDE so as not to forfeit the examination payment previously made. Should the candidate fail to write the examination on the approved postponed date the previously paid examination fee will be forfeited.
Postponement to examination dates falling outside the current financial year
Examination candidates must ensure that the postponed date falls within the period 1 April to 31 March of the current financial year. Should the date fall into another financial year the postponement may be approved although a ‘top-up fee’ (being the difference between the first payment and the revised examination fee) will be required before an examination seat number can be allocated to the candidate. It should be borne in mind that the PDE enrolment fee generally increases on 1 April of each year. Candidates are requested to check the fees schedule on www.eaab.org.za prior to making an examination postponement request.
Postponements motivated by medical reasons, or other factors beyond the control of the candidate, must be fully supported by official documentary proof to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment and approval. If approved the EAAB will process the postponement request and notify the candidate accordingly by e-mail.
Proof of any required ‘top-up’ payment, together with proof of a previous payment made and approval of the postponement granted or the examination registration letter received when the postponement was requested or an examination registration attempted, must be uploaded via the EAAB on-line Query System for the attention of the Finance Department. Doing so will expedite the linking of the payment made with the enrolment confirmation and trigger the examination seat number which will be confirmed to the requester.
Examination Dates for 2018/2019 are as follows:
|EXAMINATION DATE||OPENING DATE FOR ENROLMENT||CLOSING DATE||ANTICIPATED RESULTS DATE|
|08 November 2018||01 October 2018||28 October 2018||Will be made available 6-18 Weeks after the examination date. Results can be viewed by logging onto the MyEAAB online portal available on the EAAB website www.eaab.org.za|
|07 February 2019||08 January 2019||24 January 2019|
Examination venues for 08 November 2018 are as follows:
|8 November, 2018||09:00||CEDARWOODS OF SANDTON
120 WESTERN SERVIC ROAD
|8 November, 2018||09:00||TSHWANE EVENTS CENTER
TSHWANE SHOW GROUNDS AKASIA ROOM
PRETORIA SHOW, 0071
|8 November, 2018||09:00||ILANGA ESTATE
ILANGA ESTATE LUCAS STEYN STREET PLOT 9 HEUWELSIG
|8 November, 2018||09:00||PROTEA HOTEL BY MARRIOTT GEORGE
KING GEORGE DRIVE
KING GEORGE PARK, 6529
|8 November, 2018||09:00||VINCENT METHODIST CHURCH
23 PRINCES ROAD VINCENT
|8 November, 2018||09:00||PINE LODGE CONFERENCE CENTRE
|8 November, 2018||09:00||CABS CONFERENCE CENTRE
CABS CONFERENCE CENTRE, CAB BUILDING, CNR JEANETTE & LEE STREET
|8 November, 2018||09:00||PRO DEO CONFERENCE CENTRE
30 GROBLER STREET
|8 November, 2018||09:00||HUNTERS REST MOUNTAIN RESORT
HUNTERS REST MOUNTAIN RESORT R24 RUSTENBURG/KRUGERSDORP ROAD
RUSTENBURG EXT 2, 0299
|8 November, 2018||09:00||KIMBERLEY
72 TOITSPAN ROAD
|8 November, 2018||09:00||UMBALI EVENT VENUE
PORTION 44 CROMDALE
|8 November, 2018||09:00||INDABA GLOBAL MEETINGS & EVENT
INDABA GLOBAL MEETINGS AND EVENTS POINT YACHT CLUB 3 MARITIME PLACE