23 MAY 2019 – ENROLMENT FOR THE
PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION EXAMINATION IS NOW OPEN
This serves to advise all estate agents who wish to undertake the upcoming Professional Designation Examination (PDE) scheduled to take place on 23 May 2019 that enrolment for such an examination is now open. Enrolment is done strictly via My EAAB portal and one must be in possession of their 7 digit personal identification number or reference number to be able to enrol. The EAAB’s Call Centre, 087 285 3222, can be contacted to request confirmation of such reference numbers.
The PDE is written by registered estate agents who are certificated against or exempted from completing the prescribed qualifications.
For PDE 4 (this is an examination that must be written by eligible intern and full- status non-principal estate agents), only those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the Further Education and Training Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 4). Interns must have also completed the compulsory 12 months internship period and submitted a logbook which has been approved by the EAAB in order for them to be able to enrol for examination via MyEAAB portal.
For PDE 5 (this is an examination that must be written by eligible full- status principal estate agents), only those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the National Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 5).
Very important Rules for the examination enrolment:
- Unless PDE enrolment and payment is received prior to the examination date, no examination seat number will be allocated. Estate agents who wish to enrol should therefore ensure that they first enrol for the examination via MyEAAB Portal when the system is open for enrolment and then make payment using the correct Unique seven digit reference usually used for FFC payment. For confirmation of seat numbers, estate agents are requested to check the MyEAAB portal as such are issued automatically via the system and populated against their system profile.
- Examination results are released at least 8 weeks after the examination date and appeals must be lodged within 14 days of receiving results. Results can be viewed through MyEAAB Online Query Management System (OQMS) portal.
- Estate agents are advised to ensure that they obtain study material from EAAB prior to enrolling for the examination. We are already in April and enrolling and only requesting the study material will not make any difference as thorough examination preparation is very important.
- Examination duration is 4 hours.
- It is an open book examination. Only calculators of any type and NOT cell phones can be used for any calculation-related questions, (if any).
- ID Documents or Drivers Licence or Passports are a must. No document, no examination.
- Examination seat numbers must be printed and be brought into the examination venue.
Issued by: Education and Training Department
02 April 2019