This serves to advise all estate agents who wish to undertake the upcoming Professional Designation Examination (PDE) scheduled to take place on 05 March 2020 that enrolment for such is now open. Enrolment is done strictly via the MyEAAB portal available on the EAAB website www.eaab.org.za and an examination candidate must be in possession of their 7 digit personal identification number or reference number to be able to enroll. The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) Call Centre, 087 285 3222 may be requested to confirm such reference number.
The PDE is written by registered estate agents who are certificated against or exempted from completing the prescribed qualifications.
- For PDE 4 (this is an examination that must be written by eligible intern and non-principal estate agents). It is only meant for those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the Further Education and Training Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 4). Interns must have also completed the compulsory 12 months internship period and submitted a logbook which has been approved by the EAAB in order for them to be able to enroll for the examination via the MyEAAB portal.
- For PDE 5 (this is an examination that must be written by eligible Principal estate agents). It is also meant only for those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the National Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 5).
- Check and update your qualifications status on the MyEAAB Portal
Examination candidates are unable to enroll for PDE 4/PDE 5 unless their qualifications (and intern logbook where required) is updated. Therefore those who have not yet updated their qualifications (a certified certificate of competence issued by the Services SETA or a signed and dated confirmation letter of successful external moderation by the Services SETA by the RPL Centre or Skills Development Provider) may do so logging and attaching these copies via the On-Line Query on MyEAAB Portal or sending a certified copy to email@example.com.
- Study Guide/Study Material for PDE preparation and purposes
The EAAB still has material available for those who are without the study material. It is important for exam candidates to prepare using the EAAB study material and to bring it with to the examination venue (PDE is an open book exam). The study material must be obtained by examination candidates prior to enrolling for the examination. Postponements for reason of ordering study material late will not be accepted. Those wishing to order the material should do so by downloading and completing the study material order form and then sending it with payment proof to firstname.lastname@example.org. The order form for material is available for download on www.eaab.org.za.
- Examination venues
It is important that examination candidates carefully select the correct venue closest to them via the MyEAAB Portal to ensure a successful examination enrolment. The EAAB will not be able to change examination venues on behalf of the examination candidate once selected and enrolled. The following venues are open for the March 2020 examination but it is important to note that not booking for the examination and merely pitching up at the examination venue is not permitted. Examination candidates who do not complete the booking process (even if they have paid for the examination) will not be allowed at the venue. The booking process and correct payment using the correct 7 digit reference number facilitate the allocation and issuance of examination seat numbers to examination candidates. This means that no examination is booked, no examination number and no entry into the examination venue.
05 March 2020 Examination venues:
|Bloemfontein||Bon Hotel Bloemfontein, Bloem Plaza, East Burger Street, Bloemfontein Central, Bloemfontein, 9301|
|Kimberly||Kimberly Garden Court, 120 Du Toitspan Rd, Civic Centre, Northern Cape, 8300|
|George||Farm and Fellow Guest House & Restaurant
233 Moerasrivier, Geelhoutboom Road, George
|Johannesburg||CedarWoods of Sandton, 120 Western Service Rd, Woodmead, Sandton, 2148|
|Pretoria||Fortis Hotel Capital Pretoria, 390 Van Der Walt, Lilian Ngoyi Street, Pretoria, 0001|
|Nelspruit||Umbali, 44 and 45, Cromdale, Corner of Glenwood and R40, Nelspruit, 1200|
|Rustenburg||Orion Safari Lodge, 1 Donkerhoek Rd, Rustenburg Rural, Rustenburg, 0300|
|Polokwane||Bolivia Lodge, Road R81, 600m from Mall of the North, Polokwane, Limpopo Province, 0700|
|East London||Premier Regent Hotel, 22 Esplanade St, Quigney Beach, East London, 5201|
|Port Elizabeth||Dolphins Leap Conference and Events Centre, 35 Humewood Rd, Humewood, Port Elizabeth, 6013|
|Durban||Onomo Hotel, 56 KE Masinga Rd, Stamford Hill, Durban, 4025|
|Cape Town||Durbanville Conference Centre, Welling Road, Durbanville, Cape Town|
It is advisable that examination candidates use Google Maps to obtain directions to the venues.
- Important: Examination enrolment will close on 21 February 2020.
- A summary of important rules for examination enrolment
- Unless PDE enrollment via the MyEAAB Portal and payment is received prior to the examination date, no examination seat number will be allocated. Estate agents who wish to enroll should therefore ensure that they first enroll for the examination via the MyEAAB Portal when the system is open for enrolment, and then make payment using the correct Unique Seven Digit Reference No. usually used for FFC payments.
- For confirmation of seat numbers, estate agents are requested to check the MyEAAB portal as such are issued automatically via the EAAB SAP system and populated against their system profile.
- Examination results are released at least 8 weeks after the examination date and appeals must be lodged within 10 – 14 days of receiving results. Results can be viewed through the MyEAAB On-Line Query Management portal. Examination certificates for those who have passed are issued at least 60 – 90 days after the release of examination results.
- Estate agents are advised to ensure that they obtain the required study material from the EAAB prior to enrolling for the examination. Allow sufficient time to request the required study material prior to enrolling for the examination as thorough preparation is very important.
- Examination duration is 4 hours.
- It is an open book examination. Tips for the examimation are available on the EAAB website (under Education – Professional Designation Examination)
- Only calculators of any type and NOT cellphones or tablets or iPads can be used for any calculation-related questions, (if any).
- ID Documents or Drivers’ Licenses or Passports are a must. Those that are not in possession of any of these documents will NOT be allowed to write the examination.
- Similarly those who come to the examination venue without checking their examination seat numbers on the MyEAAB portal will NOT be allowed to write the examination. All examination candidates and examination scripts must bear the correct allocated examination seat numbers.
- Examination seat numbers must be printed and brought into the examination venue.
- Examination candidates may bring dictionaries, if required.
The EAAB wishes all examination candidates the best of luck!
Issued by: Estate Agency Affairs Board
Education and Training Department
13 January 2020.